Access Partnership is the world’s leading public policy firm dedicated to opening markets for technology.
We shape national, regional and international policies to ensure a fair, long-lasting environment for technology that drives growth. We start by analyzing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users, then identify strategies to mitigate those risks and drive opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our teams in six offices across the globe uniquely mix policy and technical expertise to drive outcomes for clients operating at the intersection of technology, data and connectivity.
We seek an exceptionally eager, highly motivated policy professional who can work independently, anticipate client and company needs, and be part of a high-performing global team. The consultant will have an in-depth understanding of India’s political and regulatory environment and ability to craft thought leadership and advocate on shifting tech policy in India across a range of issues, including spectrum, data policies, cybersecurity, privacy, artificial intelligence, broadband access, Internet governance, trade, and cloud computing, among others.
Our diverse, results-oriented Asia team supports the world’s largest technology firms as well as some of its most promising start-ups. We shape public policy on behalf of these clients across the region, with an established and growing capability in Asia. You will work alongside some of the technology industry’s most influential thought leaders to support the company’s growth and be responsible for delivering client objectives in this challenging region.
- Analyze and interpret the corporate, business, policy, and political implications of specific government regulations, policies, and laws in India.
- Stay abreast of relevant news and provide expert analysis of current events and how developments inside and outside of India affect external stakeholders’ business operations.
- Monitor and conduct research on government policy, regulator, and sector-specific developments.
- Cultivate relationships with relevant government officials, professional communities, media outlets, trade associations, and industry stakeholders.
- Drive and prepare concise reports and presentation materials for engagement with policymakers, regulators, public officials, quasi- and non-governmental stakeholders.
- Provide regular verbal briefings on critical regulatory developments.
- Client representation at external meetings, as required.
- Harness and engage existing global network on behalf of clients in targeted countries in Asia-Pacific and India.
Skills and experience
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of relevant public policy, advocacy and/or consulting experience.
- Strong understanding of and network in India’s political system, environment and institutions, including knowledge of public policy developments affecting technology companies.
- Strong research skills to identify explicit and implicit regulatory barriers and opportunities.
- Ability to convey information clearly and persuasively to a wide variety of audiences with different levels of understanding of the subject matter, including communication skills and commercial expertise equal to the task of “translating” regulatory processes and technical requirements into meaningful impact assessments for companies.
- Fluency in both English and native language, including written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in or possesses keen interests in the Information, Communications and Technology (ICT) sector.
- An understanding of international cultural dynamics and communications.
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience in consulting, technology policy, and/or India government agencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and ability to learn and adopt new technologies.
For this contractor position, you will be remunerated based on a daily rate.
How to apply
Write a concise email to email@example.com that tells us why you’re the right person for the position and include a copy of your CV.
Please also include an example of your best written work. This could take many forms, including your published writing or analysis, a news article, or academic work that illustrates your skills.