Access Partnership enables consumer access to technology. To do this, we create the environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have five offices around the world and are growing.
Access Partnerships seeks an intellectually curious and articulate Analyst/Manager for our Singapore office (exceptional and more senior candidates in Singapore and from other regional hubs may also apply). We support our clients’ business and public policy interests on the cutting edge of technology decision-making worldwide. Given the fast pace, constant evolution and high-profile political focus on technology policy, we seek dynamic, flexible, intelligent individuals ready to address new challenges.
Asia & US Team
We support clients from a wide range of sectors, including telecoms, space and satellite, aeronautical, applications and banking. We advocate for client objectives and advise on regulatory and policy developments and market entry by engaging with international stakeholders in Asia.
- Research and analyse throughout Asia a range of national-level and regional policy topics, political trends, processes and regulations across all information and communications technology (ICT) policy areas
- Build and maintain a network of government and industry contacts in key markets; collaborate with stakeholders on positions in intergovernmental processes
- Provide support for recurring client deliverables through tracking and documenting policy developments across multiple markets
- Attend and represent industry interests at meetings; gather commercial and policy intelligence; possible travel around the Asia region
- Develop public policy positions, advocacy strategies and talking points based on commercial interests
- Help drive business strategies and execute on Asia-Pacific related customer deliverables
- Meet or exceed business development targets by identifying and securing new clients; provide a professional face for the firm through writing and speaking engagements
- Provide administrative support, in particular, meeting and event planning
- Conduct managerial tasks as needed
Essential skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and 3-5 years of experience. Graduate degree preferred
- A genuine interest in technology policy, international trade and market trends
- Demonstrated research abilities and exceptional writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate at all levels
- Technology literacy – at least intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office and other publishing platforms. Graphic design or data visualisation skills a plus
- Well organised, highly motivated, able to grasp new concepts quickly and proactive in finding ways to get things done and meet professional goals
- Flexibility to handle multiple requests, sometimes changing priority mid-stream
- Fluency in one or more Asian languages to liaise with clients in the region – preferably Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, or Bahasa Indonesian
- Previous consulting and/or broad technology with connectivity, spectrum and data policy (privacy, cybersecurity, trade etc.) experience would be an asset
This is an opportunity to join an established and rapidly growing consultancy. The base salary is competitive within industry. The job is based in Singapore and may require periodic international travel.
How to apply
Send cover letter to RecruitmentAsia@accesspartnership.com that tells us why you’re the right person for the job. Include a copy of your CV with your nationality and work sponsorship details. Please use “Analyst/Manager Singapore” as the subject title for your email.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis, so early application is recommended. We may appoint before the closing date.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may not be able to respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us by the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date for applications – Wednesday 31 March 2021