Access Partnership enables consumer access to technology. To do this, we create the environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have six offices around the world and are growing.
The EUK team is looking for a policy analyst/manager with extensive experience in EU and UK policy and engaging with EU and UK officials.
Your role will be to research, monitor and analyse policy developments, regulations, commercial and political trends in the EU and UK, provide strategic advice and competitive intelligence to clients, assist clients in shaping policy, draft collaterals and support the EUK’s team business development and marketing activities.
UK & Europe Team
We support public policy in the UK and Europe on behalf of clients from various sectors, including cybersecurity, privacy, cloud procurement and trade. We engage with key stakeholders to shape legislation and regulation. Our team develops advocacy campaigns and policy strategies to support client interests.
- Represent clients in meetings with EU institutions, industry and national governments; gather commercial and policy intelligence.
- Draft high-quality memoranda, presentations and marketing materials on short timelines
- Develop public policy positions, advocacy strategies and talking points based on commercial interests
- Build and maintain a network of government and industry contacts in key markets
- Collaborate with stakeholders on positions in intergovernmental processes
- Research and analyse policy topics, political trends, processes and regulations
- Help drive the business strategy and execute on UK and EU related customer deliverables
- Meet or exceed business development targets by identifying and securing new clients; provide a professional face for the firm through writing and speaking engagements
- Conduct managerial and administrative tasks as needed
Essential skills and experience:
- Recent experience of high-level political/policy engagement and legislative engagement in the UK and the EU, to include preparing clients to testify at public hearings and brief senior officials
- Strong up-to-date knowledge of the current EU Commission processes and existing relationships with high level officials (e.g. EU Commissioners)
- Strong up-to-date knowledge of UK Parliament and relationships with Government officials, MPs or Ministers
- Proven ability and experience of developing advocacy strategies and shaping policy in support of clients
- Strong knowledge of technology policy issues and debates, in particular in-depth and detailed knowledge on DSA, data-sharing and online platforms as well as AR/VR/XR, drones, global standards, 5G and facial recognition
- Excellent written skills and ability to draft policy analysis, advocacy collaterals, white papers and articles
- Experience in event organisation like roundtables, training or conferences
- Proven ability to represent AP at meetings and conferences including speaking at conferences
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and trade
- Second language
- Experience with OECD would be an asset
- Experience in driving business development initiatives, lead generation and closing sales
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com that tells us why you’re the right person for the job. Please use “Analyst EUK Team” as the subject title for your email.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible, interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis, so early application is recommended. We may appoint before the closing date.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to inform those who are not shortlisted or give specific feedback on why. If you have not heard from us by the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date for applications – Friday 29 January 2021