Access Partnership enables consumer access to technology. To do this, we create the environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have five offices around the world and are growing.
The Data & Trust team seeks a recovering systems engineer or cybersecurity analyst with an intellectual curiosity in the emerging laws, policies, standards, and regulations that are transforming cybersecurity, security by design (SbD), encryption, threat-sharing, and SOC/CERT development. This individual will work with clients, regulators, and governments to inform, influence, and create cybersecurity thought leadership, standards, and national policies.
This position requires leadership capabilities, excellent analytical and communication skills, and an ability to identify, formulate and present complex information in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing. The candidate should be able to work collaboratively, be comfortable with metrics & targets—including time tracking and business development—and still be able to think “outside of the box”.
This is an early- to mid-career, but not an entry-level position.
Data Policy and Trust
The Data & Trust team supports clients around the world to bridge the trust gap with policymakers and regulators on policy challenges such as AI ethics, supply chain security, 5G, cybersecurity, data privacy, national security and cross-border data flow, and web content. Our clients may experience these challenges as they roll-out global solutions in cloud, social media, video games, ride hailing, sharing economy, API development, artificial intelligence (AI), semiconductors, telecommunications, autonomous vehicles, drones, robots, 3-D printing, cryptocurrency, and blockchain. Our team provides end-to-end support, working with clients at every stage of identifying, formulating, implementing, and updating digital policy solutions to bridge this trust gap.
- Perform cybersecurity auditing and benchmarking on client technologies from apps to autonomous systems against standards such as NIST 800-53.
- Confidently dive into the nitty-gritty technical and regulatory issues related to cybersecurity and emerging technologies and autonomous systems as well as public policy matters impacting these technologies.
- Participate in cybersecurity standards-setting bodies on behalf of clients
- Act as the technical and policy expert for the cybersecurity and encryption implications for emerging technology issues for the company, including autonomous vehicles, drones, robots, 3-D printing, semiconductors, AI, quantum computing, cloud, and augmented/virtual reality.
- Draft thought leadership pieces on this topic and help promote Access Partnership as a leader in this space. Excellent writing skills are required.
- Develop and project manage client deliverables on time and under budget.
- Drive business development in this practice area and deliver on client sales targets.
- An engineering, programming or technical background
- Have a current fluency in cybersecurity technology trends, laws, public thinkers, and industry standards
- A genuine interest in the role of technology and cybersecurity in society and curiosity about policy impacting it.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated research and writing ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an extra dose of humor and humility essential for a small office.
- Organized work approach, with a record of delivering products on schedule and within budget.
- Globally oriented and excited to help Silicon Valley and international tech companies, not only US cleared defense contractors.
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills.
- Work history in-house at a tech company, law firm, regulatory agency, legislative body, think tank, or trade association.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in a related field or occupation
Highly desired, but not essential:
- Earned professional credentials such as CISSP, CIPP, CIPM, CCSP, CEH, or PMP.
- ISO/IEC 17020:2012 certification
- Previous cybersecurity or related technical (i.e. cryptography, information warfare) experience in the US intelligence community including the NSA, CIA, NGA, NRO, and ONI, or a federal regulatory agency like the FCC, FAA, DOT, and NHTSA.
- Track record of published writing or research.
- Fluency in a second language
- Undergraduate degree or certificate in cybersecurity, AI, computer science, electrical engineering, or other IT discipline with graduate degree in foreign policy, security studies, law (JD), public administration, or international trade (or vice versa)
- Experience traveling or living abroad for that global perspective.
This is an opportunity to join an established and rapidly growing global tech policy consultancy. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package and broad responsibility with clear opportunities for travel, growth, and career progression.
The role is usually based in our Washington DC office requiring frequent international travel. However, due to COVID-19, the candidate will be onboarded virtually and remote work is authorized until the office re-opens anticipated by spring 2021. Salary and title commensurate with experience.
How to apply
To apply, please send your resume/CV and a relevant short writing sample of off-the-shelf prior work. Cover letters accepted, but not required. No recruitment agencies please. Candidates must have or be able to obtain a legal right to work in the US. Please send materials to email@example.com, use Cybersecurity as the subject of your email.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to applicants we wish to interview. If you have not heard from us by the closing date, then your application hasn’t been successful on this occasion.
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th October 2020