As our first hire dedicated to PR and media relations, you will take responsibility for creating, developing, and executing communications strategies that tell Access Partnership’s story to our key stakeholders (media, influencers, and clients). Alongside your marketing colleagues, you will be responsible for developing the PR and communications vision and strategy at Access Partnership and determine the best way to increase our reach as the foremost experts in the US, UK, and international media.
- Work with the marketing team to develop a differentiated position and messaging for the Access Partnership story
- Manage the press office and day-to-day media relations incl. op-ed placements and managing inbound media requests for commentary
- Build and maintain press lists and build relationships with key media and industry influencers
- Help conceive, edit, revise and pitch editorials, blogs and articles
- Develop content for press releases, Q&As, talking points, briefings, and media pitches for Access Partnership experts
- Position relevant Access Partnership spokespeople as subject matter experts on technology policy
- Provide comprehensive tracking and reporting on the impact and success of PR
- Provide media training for Access Partnership experts
- Support Access Partnership’s social media activities and develop social media strategy for Access Partnership’s leadership team
- Plan, budget, and host press events (remotely and in-person if and when possible)
- Identify and help secure speaking opportunities for Access Partnership experts
Who are we looking for?
- A track record of achieving consistently outstanding results in PR and communications
- 5+ years in-house or agency experience in b2b PR, ideally with experience working in TMT and for professional services businesses
- A network of existing press relationships, ability to augment those contacts in the TMT space, and a strong understanding of the media and digital landscape
- Ability to think strategically about comms, but you’re also a doer
- Self-starter and motivated by hitting ambitious goals in creative ways
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to use them to influence and inspire people
- Detail-oriented and used to thriving in a fast-pace, deadline-driven environment
- Experience in creating video and graphics content is a plus
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org that tells us why you’re the right person for the job. Please use “PR and Communications Manager” as the subject title for your email.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis, so early application is recommended. We may appoint before the closing date.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to inform those who are not shortlisted or give specific feedback on why. If you have not heard from us by the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date for applications – Friday 11 December 2020