Access Partnership enables access to technology. To do this, we create the environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have six offices around the world and are growing.
Access Partnership are looking for either:
- a Manager seeking to develop their career towards a Director role within the next few years; or
- a candidate already working at the Director level;
to manage the firm’s expansion in the Middle East and North Africa. Based in Abu Dhabi, the candidate will have a deep understanding of the subtleties and motivations of stakeholders in this challenging region and be able to harness them. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering thought leadership and shifting policy on a range of issues, including data policies; artificial intelligence; broadband access; spectrum; Internet governance; trade; and cloud computing. Other responsibilities include client representation, developing an annual growth and development plan for the region, and managing aspects of the company’s administration regarding the host government (UAE).
Our public policy practice supports the world’s largest technology firms as well as some of its most promising start-ups. We shape public policy on behalf of these clients across the globe, including across all countries in the League of Arab States. You will work alongside some of the technology industry’s most influential thought leaders to support the company’s growth and be responsible for delivering client objectives in this challenging region.
- Manage and develop client accounts.
- Develop public policy positions and advocacy strategies and support content for customers.
- Represent clients before national governments, industry groups, and in multilateral forums.
- Analyse policy issues, political trends, processes and regulations.
- Build and maintain a network of government and industry contacts across the region.
- Develop and drive the business strategy for MENA.
- Create new products and methods to generate sales for the business.
- Support or participate in basic administrative functions to support the legal and proper functioning of the MENA office.
The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package, broad responsibility with clear opportunities for growth and career progression. Our diverse international client base will provide the opportunity to work on international projects on behalf of some of the industry’s leading companies. Some travel is required. Our culture boasts a collaborative working environment, a multi-cultural setting, a group of creative, passionate individuals, and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development for all of our staff.
How to apply
If you feel that you are able to demonstrate many of the key skills and experience required and are looking for the next step in your career or to develop into a more senior position over the next few years, we would like to hear from you.
Please email your CV, a short writing sample in English, and a cover letter addressing your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org using “MENA Policy Manager /Director” as the email subject. Only applicants eligible to work in the UK or UAE will be considered for this role.