On Tuesday, 16 November, Access Partnership held a webinar on Balancing Fundamental Rights in Data Protection. At this webinar, we were joined by:
- Moderator, Lara Natale, EU Digital Policy Expert
- Emma Llansó, Director Free Expression Project, Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT)
- Dr Jan Oster is a professor of EU Law and Human Rights Protection at Leiden University
- Dr Heidi Beate Bentzen is a professor of Privacy and Data Protection Law and Health Law at the University of Oslo
- Alexandros Ioannis Kargopoulos works currently as a Programme Officer, seconded as National Expert at the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA).
Leena Kuusniemi, Legal Advisor for Technology and Content Industries, recently published a paper entitled Balancing Fundamental Rights and Freedoms in Data Regulation in Europe which centres the topics of conversation of this webinar. During this event, the speakers react to Leena’s paper, give their opinion on the collusion of rights, discuss the fragmentation of national enforcement of legal remedies and possible ways forward as well as answering an audience Q&A.
YouTube video available here.
Balancing Fundamental Rights in Data Regulation in Europe, Access Partnership
ALLEA, EASAC and FEAM report on International Sharing of Personal Health Data for Research
Nature Medicine article summary of the ALLEA, EASAC and FEAM report