Access Partnership is the world’s leading tech policy consultancy. We enable consumer access to technology and lead countries to Fair Tech. To do this, we create the environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have offices in London, Brussels, Singapore, Washington, Abu Dhabi and Dakar—and are growing.
UK & Europe Team
We support public policy in the UK and EU on behalf of clients from various sectors, including cybersecurity, privacy, cloud procurement and trade. We engage with key stakeholders to shape legislation and regulation. Our team develops advocacy campaigns and policy strategies to support client interests.
We are looking for a seasoned policy analyst with extensive experience in EU policy and experience in engaging with EU officials. Your role will be to research, monitor and analyse policy developments, regulations, commercial and political trends in the EU (and UK), provide strategic advice and competitive intelligence to clients, assist clients in shaping policy, draft collaterals and support the EUK’s team business development and marketing activities.
- Represent clients in meetings with EU (and UK) institutions, industry and national governments; gather commercial and policy intelligence.
- Draft high-quality memoranda, presentations, and marketing materials on short timelines.
- Develop public policy positions, advocacy strategies, and talking points based on commercial interests.
- Build and maintain a network of government and industry contacts in key markets; collaborate with stakeholders on positions in intergovernmental processes.
- Research and analyse policy topics, political trends, processes, and regulations.
- Help drive the business strategy and execute on EU (and UK) related customer deliverables.
- Meet or exceed business development targets by identifying and securing new clients; provide a professional face for the firm through writing and speaking engagements.
- Conduct managerial and administrative tasks as needed.
Skills and experience
- Recent experience of high level political/policy engagement and legislative engagement in the EU, to include preparing clients to testify at public hearings and brief senior officials.
- Strong up-to-date knowledge of the current EU Commission processes and existing relationships with high level officials (e.g. EU Commissioner Cabinets and MEPs)
- Proven ability and experience of developing advocacy strategies and shaping policy in support of clients.
- Strong knowledge of technology policy issues and debates in particular in depth and detailed knowledge on AI, DSA, data-sharing and online platforms as well as AR/VR/XR, drones, global standards, 5G, and facial recognition.
- Excellent written skills and ability to draft policy analysis, advocacy collaterals, white papers and articles.
- Experience in event organisation like roundtables, training or conferences.
- Proven ability to represent AP at meetings and conferences.
- Strong up-to-date knowledge of UK Parliament and relationships with Government officials, MPs or Ministers
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and trade
- Second language
- Experience in driving business development initiatives, lead generation, and closing sales
What We Offer
This is an opportunity to join an established and rapidly growing consultancy. Our diverse international client base of technology giants and start-ups will provide the opportunity to work on multiple international projects on behalf of some of the industry’s leading companies. Our firm boasts a collaborative working environment, social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development for all colleagues.
The role will be based in London and may require periodic international travel. Candidates must hold the relevant right to work documents for the country they are applying for.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and broad responsibility with clear opportunities for growth and career progression.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only respond to candidates we wish to interview.
No recruitment agencies please.