Access Partnership enables consumer access to technology. To do this, we create an environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have six offices around the world and are growing.
Access Partnerships is seeking an intellectually curious candidate with proven management capabilities, excellent communication and analytical skills, and an ability to formulate and present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner. The selected candidate will have a strong interest in radio communications and satellite engineering, and will be responsible for managing relationships with some of the largest ICT companies in the world.
The Department – Multilateral Organisations
The Multilateral Organisations group engages in intergovernmental and industry fora on a global level, representing client interests and effecting change in regulation. Within this group, our technical team provides engineering support for all forms of communications systems, including satellite networks. We perform compatibility studies, regulatory analyses and network coordination, in support of planned and operational networks. We also effect change in regulation and standards, to reflect novel approaches and ensure network innovation is not constrained by outdated rules.
- Review and approve ITU satellite filings for new and amended satellite networks
- Analyse compatibility between networks, developing software tools and methods as necessary
- Develop coordination proposals, and participate in negotiations with other networks to reach coordination agreements
- Liaise with clients and senior managers to report progress and review priorities
- Research technical regulations and standards, and develop strategies for effecting change through national, regional and global fora
- Undertake competitive intelligence gathering on the satellite industry
- Manage resourcing of the team.
- Support business development activities within the team
Skills and experience – Essential
- Quantitative background
- Experience in satellite frequency management and coordination, as well as ITU filing procedures
- Management experience of technical resources
- Concise presentational style
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
Skills and experience – Desirable
- Fluency in a second language.
- Proficiency in Matlab
The job is based in London and requires periodic international travel.