Washington, DC (remote); Temporary (3-6 months)
Access Partnership enables consumer access to technology. To do this, we create the environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have six offices around the world and are growing.
Access Partnerships seeks a candidate with proven quantitative capabilities, excellent communication and analytical skills, and an ability to formulate and present information in a clear and concise manner. The selected candidate will have both a strong interest and demonstrable experience in programme management and will be responsible for delivering projects for some of the largest technology companies in the world.
We are looking for a full stack engineer to help us develop requirements and build a database of government policies. In the course of this work, you will:
- Collaborate with us to define business and technical requirements, including features such as a data export tool.
- Select a database system to use and model the data schema.
- Develop a data processing pipeline to collect and extract information from various government sources (requires knowledge of NLP methodologies).
- Develop systems to maintain data integrity and consistency.
- Build client-facing APIs (REST/GraphQL) to interact with the database.
- Build cross-platform (Web, iOS, Android) client applications (ReactJS/React Native preferred).
- Develop systems to extract information from large, multiparametric data sets.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and remedies performance bottlenecks in the application.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in software engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Professional experience working with software design, software development life cycle, and development methodologies and implementation.
- Works independently and collaborates with team members to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Interested in learning new technologies and keeps up with both traditional and emerging best practices.
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (experience with graph database systems is a plus).
- Working knowledge of data processing tools (i.e., Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop).
- Basic knowledge of microservice methodologies (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) and quality assurance (QA) principles (unit, integration, E2E testing).
- Experience working with cloud environments (i.e., AWS/GCP/Azure).