Access Partnership estimated the economic impact arising from establishing a Google Cloud Region in Saudi Arabia.
The analysis finds that Google Cloud Region lifts gross economic output in Saudi Arabia through (1) investments in the construction and ongoing operations of Google Cloud infrastructure; (2) the revenue opportunities it creates for its partner ecosystem; and (3) the spillover effects from increased economic output enabled by the productivity gains to businesses and the public sector that use Google Cloud services.
Key messages from the study include:
- The Google Cloud region in Saudi Arabia is estimated to contribute a cumulative USD109 billion in higher gross economic output between 2024 and 2030 (equivalent to 10% of 2022 real GDP), and support 148,600 jobs in 2030 alone.
- Accelerated adoption of Google’s Cloud services by businesses and the public sector will drive efficiency gains, cost savings, risk mitigation, and support greater scalability.
- Google’s Cloud services also facilitate more efficient delivery of public services, and could also support broader benefits, including addressing challenges around sustainability, enabling innovation to deliver social impact, and supporting small business growth.
Discover how Google Cloud is propelling economic growth in Saudi Arabia and unlocking new opportunities.
- Download the full report: Google Cloud Region: Driving Higher Economic Activity in the Saudi Arabian Economy
- Summary in Arabic: Google Cloud Region: Driving Higher Economic Activity in the Saudi Arabian Economy
This analysis is commissioned by Google Cloud.