How do we create safe, child-friendly interactive platforms?
The rise of interactive online platforms has provided children with an exciting opportunity to engage in diverse online learning experiences and virtual spaces that allow them to play and connect with others from different cultures and backgrounds in an immersive environment. However, to fully unlock the potential of these platforms and ensure child safety, it is crucial to design them with a strong focus on meeting the unique needs and promoting the well-being of young users.
During our upcoming event, we’ll discuss the significance of designing these platforms with a child-centric approach that balances privacy and safety measures, the importance of age-appropriate content, and ways parents and caregivers can support children’s access to a nurturing immersive environment. Our expert panel will also examine existing regulatory frameworks that aim to ensure child-friendly and safe interactive platforms and online learning content.
We invite you to join us for a thought-provoking discussion on child safety in virtual platforms.
- Adam Ingle, Global Lead, Digital Policy Government & Public Affairs, The LEGO Group
- Laura Higgins, Senior Director of Community Safety and Civility, Roblox
- Paula Pando de Hill, Partnership & Communication Manager Child Safety Initiative, XRSI
- Flynn Adams, Founder & CEO, INTELiQORE Inc.
- Paula Rabacov, Policy Manager, Access Partnership (moderator)