Covid-19 has drastically changed every sphere of our lives, including business, education, healthcare, socializing, leisure, and travel. As governments have implemented a wide range of policy responses to manage the impact of the virus, a unifying theme emerging from every country has been the importance of mobile connectivity.
Access Partnership and East African Communications Organisation (EACO) are pleased to invite you to a virtual high-level roundtable, which will present an opportunity for EACO members to highlight their Covid-19 policy responses, reflect on lessons learned from the crisis, and discuss recommendations to accelerate infrastructure deployment and achieve universal access.
The roundtable will also build on the findings of Access Partnership’s recently released whitepaper “Lessons Learned from Covid-19: Perspectives from the Tower Industry”, which analyses policy measures to enable the operation and deployment of wireless telecommunications infrastructure during the pandemic and presents international case studies and recommendations.
- Dr. Samuel Muhizi, Director General, ARCT, Burundi
- Mr. Christopher Kemei, Director Universal Service, CA, Kenya
- Mr. Protais Kanyankore, Senior Manager in Charge of Universal Access & Services, RURA, Rwanda
- Ms. Connie Francis, Director of Information and Communication Technologies & Application Services, TCRA, Tanzania
- Mr. Constaque Hakizimana, Technical Director, ARCT, Burundi
- Eng. Lemi Laku, Director Universal Service and Access Fund (USAF), NCA, South Sudan
- Christopher Casarrubias, Head of Emerging Markets, Access Partnership
- Moderator: Hussein Abul-Enein, Senior Policy Manager, Access Partnership