We help policy-makers understand cloud computing technology and the related policy issues. We work hand-in-hand with governments across the globe to develop governance frameworks for cloud. Our expertise includes data protection and privacy, cybersecurity, cross-border data flows, public procurement, data classification and standards.
Our team of experts offers the following services:
- Data protection and privacy: driving outcomes of policy debates on data privacy, including around the EU’s Global Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR), US federal legislation, draft ePrivacy Regulation and the development of the Cross-Border Privacy Rules (CBPR) in Asia.
- Standards development: promoting cloud standards in key organisations, including the EU, the ITU and the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), and advocating for interoperability of different systems and networks.
- Cloud infrastructure: developing infrastructure and policy frameworks to facilitate the delivery and use of cloud and to advance national objectives.
- Procurement: promoting the adoption of cloud computing in the public sector through cloud governance policies, frameworks, guidance and education.
- Strategy development: developing public policy strategies to shape sector-specific guidelines in cloud computing, facilitating digital integration in key verticals.
- Developed global matrix of cloud-related legislation to assess policies for adherence to international norms and impact on the industry.
- Developed White Papers on cloud markets across Asia, assessing each policy environment and offering targeted policy recommendations based on best practice.
- Developed and implemented strategies to mitigate data localisation policies implemented by financial service regulators.
For more information, please contact Christopher Casarrubias, Head of Emerging Markets, at [email protected].