On 21 December 2020, the deadline for EU Member states to implement the new European Electronic Communications Code (EECC) passed. The EECC revamps the old European telecommunication framework and broadens the reach of telecommunication regulators to a broader class of companies. Only a few countries met the implementation deadline and the update of national telecommunication frameworks throughout Europe looks to be fragmented and uneven. This complicated the task of compliance for telecommunication providers, who will now need to closely monitor the implementation process in each country where they provide services.
In this webinar, we will provide an update on the EECC implementation in some of the major markets in Europe, including France, Germany, Spain, and the UK, the latter of which is also implementing substantial parts of the EECC, despite leaving the EU. With some countries having used this opportunity to introduce additional requirements; our country experts provide an overview of the key changes providers need to be aware of. Additionally, we discuss the different ways providers obtain numbers and how this affects their regulatory risk.
- Vadim Doronin, Senior Manager, Compliance and Market Intelligence, Access Partnership
- Maria Zervaki, Manager, Compliance and Market Intelligence, Access Partnership
- Mike Laughton, Manager, Europe & UK, Access Partnership
- Ilaria Bencivenga, Analyst, Compliance and Market Intelligence, Access Partnership
- Fabian Vevstad, Analyst, Compliance and Market Intelligence, Access Partnership